Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is...
Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books
There are so many great book quotes, but I'll try to keep it to ten. I don't think I'm going to go into detail as to why they are my favorite, but maybe you can guess. Here they are (in no particular order):
1. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." - Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
2. "So it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me...everyday." - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
3. "You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope." - Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
4. "No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in the relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot." - Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
5. "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart." - Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
6. "We are perfect in our imperfection." - Megan McCafferty, Second Helpings
7. "Victory is a thousand times sweeter when you're the underdog." - Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty
8. "You can only be in a bad mood for so long before you have to face up to the fact that it isn't a bad mood at all; it's just your sucky personality." - Megan McCafferty, Sloppy Firsts
9. "I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever." - Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
10. "I don't need to be any place else, because the music takes me to the only place I want to be right now. To the place where I am and have always been wholly me, the only church I've ever belonged to, the only place I've ever prayed." - Daisy Whitney, The Mockingbirds
So after putting together a list of ten (which I don't even know if they are necessarily my top ten), I feel a recurring theme. Hmm...must be the mood I'm in while putting this together.
Anyway, what's on your list for the top ten book quotes?