Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is...
Top Ten Books You'd Like To See Made Into A Movie
This is a tough one. I admit, I enjoy seeing the movie version of a book, but at the same time I'm typically disappointed. There aren't too many movies that have been comparable to books. I find the movie versions are so off that I don't enjoy them as much as someone who hasn't read the book. Anyway, here is my top ten that I would like to see made into movies (in no particular order):
1. Partials by Dan Wells. I think the premise of this book would make a great movie. It has action, adventure and of course, a love story. I would LOVE to see a movie version!
2. You Have Seven Messages by Stewart Lewis. I can imagine this being a very heartfelt and touching movie. It would probably jump around a bit, but if made right it would be worth it.
3. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien. There is just something about post-apocalyptic novels that grabs my attention. I really think any of these would make great action-filled movies.
4. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney. This particular story needs to be told. I think telling it in the form of a respectably made movie would make it hit home and cause people to come to a much needed realization.
5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. A great book. Could be a great movie too.
6. Firelight by Sophie Jordan. Imagine how pretty the dragons would be?! I can just see the amazing graphics in my mind. It would make a very enchanting movie.
Okay, it isn't a top ten, but it is my top six! What books are on your list to be made in to movies? Let me know in the comments section below.