Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is...
So, the original topic this week was the top ten authors you'd like to see on a reality show, and which show. Well, I certainly couldn't think of a top ten for this one. Then, I checked back again on the topic and saw that it could be a freebie week. I decided that my top ten is going to be a pretty simple one. I've decided to tell my awesome readers about my top ten favorite authors! Here they are (in no particular order):
1. Jodi Picoult. I have read every one of her books so far. I know, she isn't (or hasn't been) a YA author, but her books are all so good! I'm really excited for her first YA novel coming out this summer, Between the Lines. You should seriously check her out, she's awesome.
2. Sara Shepard. The Pretty Little Liars series is such a fun and easy read. They are quick ones that are sure to keep you interested. The show is really great too! I hate that I don't have cable right now. I'm always a day behind watching it with everyone else. I have to avoid talking to anyone that I know watches it until I can see it.
3. Veronica Roth. I've only read the first in the Divergent trilogy, but the second in the series is patiently waiting on my bookshelf! Well, maybe not so patiently. Anyway, I've only read one of her books, but she is a great author. She can tell a story that just hooks you in from the very beginning. I would love to see this trilogy made into a movie.
4. Charlaine Harris. Again, she is definitely not a YA author, but two words: SOOKIE STACKHOUSE.
5. Ellen Hopkins. I can't get enough of her books. I only have one left to read. If you haven't read anything by her, I suggest you start with CRANK.
6. Lauren Oliver. Before I Fall was the best audiobook I have ever listened to. If you haven't tried an audiobook, listen to this one. It will make you laugh and cry all at once.
7. Megan McCafferty. Two words: JESSICA DARLING. Read the series and die laughing!
8. Elizabeth Scott. I haven't met a book I haven't thoroughly enjoyed from her.
9. Myra McEntire. I've only read the first book, HOURGLASS, but the second will be quickly read on my Kindle!
10. Tahereh Mafi. This girl...she's amazing. Beside loving her book, SHATTER ME, I love her personality! I can't wait for the opportunity to meet her in person. I'm so proud of myself for being able to pronounce her name the right way. Anyway, READ THE BOOK! If you don't love it, I get it, but at least you will have tried!
What did you choose to do for your Top Ten Tuesday this week? Let me know!